Screenings and Treatment
The Sickle Cell Foundation provides a variety of services to help people determine if they are affected by the Sickle Cell Trait by early detection and screening. Early detection is important so that treatment can begin at an early stage which will ensure quality and longevity of life.
Sickle Cell (hemoglobin) testing
- Mass or individuals — no appointment necessary
- Newborn screening program — clients and family
Ensure you are not a carrier or suffering from sickle cell disease with our testing and screening services. Screening is free and confidential and only takes 15 minutes, with results provided the next day.
The Foundation encourages everyone, young and old, to be tested for the most accurate information about your personal genetic heritage.
Screenings can take place at health fairs or at The Sickle Cell Foundation.
The Foundation offers support services to clients. Support services include:
- Group meetings
- Working with over River Region United Way agencies
- Job Referrals
- Limitied financial support
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Financial help with Sickle Cell medications
Funding is offered to help with medicine and medical treatment.